Saturday, October 12, 2013

Carpe Noctem The Blob

I have The Blog on the Blob today, wait a minute....... lol, just kidding, I have Carpe Noctem The Blob on the Blog today.  Carpe Noctem is a relatively new brand, but is skyrocketing to the top of my favorites list, her polishes are awesome! So when she put out her Halloween/Samhain line I had to snag a couple. She carries 3 sizes of polish, which is awesome, she has a 12ml. medium size, that is my favorite size polish period, mostly because the brushes are  plenty big enough, while the cap is long and thin, very easy for me to manipulate, and Carpe Noctem's lids are a little bit longer than other 12ml. bottles I have, which is even better! The Blob is a pinkish, purplish jelly with iridescent purple circles, and various pink and purple glitters. I did use a base color and put The Blob on top of it, because I can't stand V. N. L. and I try to make my polishes last as long as possible, but I wanted to make sure to say that it is a gorgeous jelly, very shiny and squishy, and applies very well, if you like jellies you will love it by itself in a couple of coats. It is thin enough to show through the blue shimmer that is in my base color, which I love, and makes me excited to try it over other colors. I had a little Blob marathon for inspiration while I did my nails, I took all of my inspiration from the 1988 version, which, by the way I LOVE! (I was 12 when it came out so....) I fell asleep during the old one, I love classic horror, but can somebody please tell me how Steve McQueen is supposed to be passing for a teenager!?! He's at least in his 30's in it. *:/
I think the polish looks just like the blob in the 80's version, the older blob looks like a can of cranberry sauce to me, and since it was the 50's it probably was.




I used one coat of Carpe Noctem The Blob over 2 coats of China Glaze Reggae to Riches, my accent nail is 2 coats of Reggae to Riches with China Glaze Bizarre Blurple drips, and 2 coats of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Check out: Carpe Noctem Cosmetics on Facebook and Carpe Noctem Cosmetics on Etsy
China Glaze's Official Facebook  and China Glaze's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment