Saturday, February 22, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag February 2014

Here's my review for my Ipsy Glam Bag for February 2014….
Ugh this post has taken me way longer to put up than I wanted it to, but quite honestly I have been dreading it. Let me just say really quickly, that I really don't like to give bad reviews on my blog, I would rather not say anything at all, especially with small businesses, I contact them personally, and if they don't fix the problem, I just don't purchase from them again, and I do leave honest reviews on every company I purchase from's website's, but I HAVE had an Etsy seller contact me for saying a cosmetic glitter they sold me was bigger than I thought it would be, bigger than her other glitters, and that it was good for eyes, but not for lips, and she contacted me, and very rudely informed me that it wasn't for use on lips, which was not stated in the description, and I honestly I didn't feel like I gave her a bad review. I don't want to deal with that drama on here, so most of the time if I have had an issue with a seller, whether it's customer service, or drama/bullying, I just won't post a review, but I'll still post pics on Facebook, and Instagram. Honesty is very important to me,  I don't doctor my pictures at all, and I use the pictures that on my computer/phone look the closest to what it really looks like on me, and I make sure to tell you guys when I use undies, and how many coats I had to use. Enough of my little rant, onto my bad review. I was so excited about this months Glam Bag, I have been taking care of a sick baby for a week, and have been sick myself most of that time, so I thought trying my stuff out would make me feel better, pretty on the outside, and then I was soooo disappointed , I am really hoping that my reviews on Ipsy will help me start getting better stuff.

First off we have the Zoya Polish in Dot, Now, I have my hair color on Ipsy listed as other, and my make-up style as Hip/edgy, and I threw in Club goer, just because I like to put glitter on all the things!!! I have posted all the nail looks I have done since I joined on there, and I just don't know what about my Goth-A-Billy butt made them send me a baby pink nail polish! Baby pink is by far the smallest section, of my massive polish collection, and I already have WAY too many of them, and would reach for ANY of them before reaching for Dot, so I would've liked to have gotten the purple/mauve color Odette better, but even besides that, this is the worst Zoya polish I have ever used, if this was the first one I tried I would think it was an awful brand, and never buy it again, it was streaky, yet thick enough to take forever to dry, after the first coat I thinned it out, which didn't help with the streaks but at least made it dry faster. This is 3 coats with 1 coat of Black Cat Lacquer Lucky Star, and 2 coats of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat…..


Now onto the Eyetini Cream Shadow in Violette, Ick, Cream Shadow, Really?!? It's just asking for a funky gunked up crease, I was glad I got the purple, it brought the green out in my eyes, I used it to make my glitter stick, but it burned a bit, and made my eyes water, I would've loved to try out the Jessie's girl eyeshadows. Now check out those awful lashes! J.Cat EL05 Cheap Ol' Ratchet lashes, as I have mentioned before I used to wear false lashes, I mean WEAR false lashes, like 4 or 5 times a week, and I would never buy these, the right one bent all crazy when I pulled them off the backing, and I couldn't fix it, and they absolutely can not be washed and re-used, which is a must if you wear fake lashes often, they look like little eye poodles now, and they eyelash glue was black, which I HATE, you have to put black eyeliner on before you apply them, and watch out if you don't put them on perfectly, you're gonna have black glue all over your face. *:/





I got Fuchsia Freesia in the Pop Color Gloss, I was hoping to get the Peony Petal color, a dusty mauve. It's pretty, and feels fine, but it smells awful, which makes it taste kinda weird as well. My hair is pink, so I have a billion Hot Pink/ Fuchsia/Magenta Lip colors already, and again would reach for ALL of them before this one because they smell and taste better.










Oh it burns, it burns! Skyn Iceland Fresh Start Mask with Ice Age Mud, I love masks, and I just wasn't impressed, and it did really burn through my T-Zone, and my chin is breaking out badly today, just a couple days later.

I am glad that I only spent $10 to try out a bunch of stuff to know not to buy it, but most of the stuff I've gotten in my first 2 months, I wouldn't have bought, but I would've been happy if they sent my the other options in those categories for a lot of the things I have been disappointed in, hopefully they listen to your feedback, and my bags will get better, if not, I don't know how much longer I'm going to do it.

I used: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Almay Smart Shade Color Correcting Primer
Hard Candy CC Correction Cream in Light
Covergirl Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder in Classic Ivory
NYX Nude Matte Shadow in Kiss the Day
Medusa's Make-Up Coral Reef
Eyetini in Violette
Lit Cosmetics Glitter Hippy Chick Solid/Size2
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero, set with Black Dog in my waterline, and Black Dog on my Eyebrows
ELF Black Liquid Liner
J.Cat EL05 Lashes
Make-Up Forever Smoky Lash Mascara
Revlon A floral Affair Blush in Pinking of You
NYX Pinky Lipliner
NYX Matte Lipstick in Hippie Chic
Pop Color Fuchsia Freesia

No comments:

Post a Comment