Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ipsy March Glam Bag Review

So I was fairly happy with my March Glam Bag from Ipsy, but very unhappy that I didn't get the Nicole by OPI Roughles, I mean come on I'm mostly a nail blogger, 36 of the 38 looks I've posted on Ipsy are nail looks, you would think they'd pay attention to that, but onto what I did get. Let's start with the bag, it's by artist Klari Reis, and I think it's pretty cool that they are giving artists this opportunity. I got Pixie Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer, which is a tinted primer, it was okay, but didn't do much for me, not tinted enough to even out my skintone, and was pretty thin, my make-up stayed on fine, but not much better than not using primer at all, I'm in love with my Hard Candy primer, and it's not going to pull me away from that. Next there's the Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner, it is a fine tip eyeliner pen, it has a really fine tip which I liked, but eyeliner pens just aren't my favorite I don't like having to shake them down, and then it would flake off when I went back over it after I shook it down, or when I tried to clean up my lines, and I didn't like that at all. Then there's the bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready, I'm not sure if I loved it or hated it, the shade was a little weird on me, in certain light it went a little orange, which I didn't like, but in other light was pink which was fine, it had a hint of peppermint, which I loved, it applied well, and felt nice, and stayed on pretty well, but bled a bit even with lip liner, which I don't like. I saved the best for last, NYX Love in Rio eyeshadow in The Brazilian I absolutely adore it, so it makes it worth the 10 bucks for the bag, it applies great, blends well, and was long-wearing, I will use the light shade, a peachy nude with gold glitter ALL the time! Here's a few pics, and I'll put a list of everything I used after...















I used: Urban Decay Tinted Moisturizer in Halo
Revlon Age Defying Base in Nude Beige 
Pixie Flawless Beauty Primer
NYX Love in Rio The Brazilian Eyeshadow
Urban Decay Evidence 
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Ink
Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner
NYX Doll Eye Mascara
Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara
Hard Candy Fox in a Box Hot Flash Blush Quad
NYX Rose Lip Liner
bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready

No comments:

Post a Comment