Monday, August 4, 2014

OPI Push and Shove

So I got OPI's Push and Shove a while back in my half price haul of the Gwen Stefani Collection at Sally's, it was $4.50 so I had to get it! I put off using it after all the horror stories I've seen from other bloggers, but I had a few tricks up my sleeve, and I'll let you guys in on how I got it to work best for me, first off let me say that in my opinion, when new products like this come out, the best thing to do is FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS! They made this product to work a certain way, and you are going to get the best results that way, so it didn't surprise me to see people with gloopy clumps on their nails because they didn't use the "Lay Down That Base" that came with it. I also saw people complain about it chipping quickly, it says plain as day on the box, where you can read it before you purchase, that this is a "special occasion" polish, it is only made for one night of wear, and I think it is stunning enough, to just wear one night on a special occasion, but I got a couple of days out of it, and only had a tiny chip after doing a load of dishes and 2 loads of laundry, which quite honestly chips any nail polish I'm wearing, here's what I did. First, I buffed the ridges out of my nails, then I applied my OPI Nail Envy, next the Lay Down That Base, I then applied 2 coats of Push and Shove, I used 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, and sealed the edges of my nails, which dulls the chrome a bit, so I just put one more coat of Push and Shove on top of that, it worked really well, I am talking the tiniest, barely there chip, I dabbed a tiny bit of polish on it and it wasn't even noticeable, the main problem I had, and the reason I took it off was because it is so light in color, that my hair turned it pink really fast, which is the problem I have with white polishes, and why I don't wear them very often, you can see a bit of pink on my pointer finger....




On my accent I used every holo silver glitter I own over Zoya Trixie to get that "disco ball" effect, Zoya Electra, OPI I Snow You Love Me, OPI In True Stefani Fashion, China Glaze Nova, and Salon Perfect Silver Sparkler, 2 coats of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.

This mani was a lot of fun, and well worth the time I put into it, I couldn't stop looking at my nails, and they brought a smile to my face when I did.

Check Out:OPI Products on Facebook or OPI's Website
Zoya Nail Polish on Facebook or Zoya's Website
Salon Perfect on Facebook or Salon Perfect's Website
China Glaze Official Facebook or China Glaze's Website
Seche Nails on Facebook or Seche's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment